Saturday, May 25, 2013

UR delightful, spunky, darling, warmhearted

I met a very interesting woman last weekend. She is an artist, mother, wife, neighborhood go to person.  She had given herself a birthday party, where we were to bring cans of food for the food drive instead of gifts.  She was also very funny.  She is one of those people who deserve what she has and I am very glad to know her.

 
I wanted to make this layout energetic yet very feminine.  I matted the picture on bright pink paper and backed most of the elements with the same to brighten them up a bit.  I made my own enamel dots by making dots on white paper with gel sticks and then dropping a drop of glossy accents on each.  Once dried, It then cut them into wonky circles.  The bottom border was made using Martha Stewart's Arches punch around the page border punch.  The flowers and banners were fussy cut from My Minds Eye, The Sweetest Thing paper.  The little black and white tags came from Marion Smith Designs.  The butterflies were punched using the Martha Stewart, Pop Up Butterfly punch.  I wrapped the flowers with black and white bakers twine. I just got a mother lode of twine from a  PeachyCheap.com deal this week. The UR was cut Silhouette, using the Curlyz font I found on line.  I stapled ribbon to the side of the picture to give that space more interest.  The flutter lines were made doodling with my Uniball White gel pen.  Love that bad boy for no other white pen writes every time like this one.  This was a lot of fun to make.  Looking at it now, I wished I had split the banners and put the UR in the middle.  Otherwise, I am happy with the way this turned out.
 

No comments: