Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cutting Cafe Inspiration: View Finder Card

Greetings to all.

We had a really fun project at the Cutting Café this week.  The View Finder.  This was one of my favorite toys as a child. I can remember saving my allowance to buy the cards for it.  I would get the ones that were related to my favorite Disney movies.  Wish I still had those, let me tell you.  I made this using one of the sentiment sets that came with it, but also added the Many Thanks set to add the Thanks for your hospitality to the front of the card so it was the first thing my friend saw when she took it out of its pocket.  The UR sentiment is inside.



This is a great project and a lot of fun. I used the Lucky Charm digital paper set that I bought at AC Digitals.  I have really used that set for a lot of project.  You may have noticed...lol.   To give the reel a more whimsical look and feel I messily colored in the inner circle being sure to go over the edges....no that was not a mistake. It just didn't have an art look to it when just coloring in the circle. I typed the appropriate information on the label in different colors to give the sleeve more personality and wrapped it in what is becoming my trademark mop string.  I also used the Mini Words set to tie a little tag to it.

Head on over to the Café to see the files Regina is coming up with.  She is on a roll for fun these days!Cutting Cafe

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

what an amazing project....that paper is PERFECT for this set...you rock

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my! This is totally awesome!! Love it!

Lori Aragon said...

Awesome project Holly!!!

Sparkly Engineer said...

I really like how your view finder reel looks real. A real reel - I crack me up. no really. I like your card and envie very much and I too loved playing with this when I was little.