Saturday, May 4, 2013

This will pass

Took this snap of my daughter at Christmas, when she came to visit. It seemed fitting for this time in her life. I made this for a Challenge going on at the 2Peas site today.



Besides being totally therapeutic or me, it was a lot of fun making this one.  I used metallic gel sticks to do the painting in the background.  I made a stencil on my Silhouette to create a frame for  the picture.  I love the watercolor effect it gave to the page.  Who knew flat could add so much depth.  I also used the pens to color the flowers, then sewed them onto the page.  I took a strip of fabric to make the flower and then glued it on scrap paper, using Multi Medium.  I added a strip ribbon, the bling I got at Walmart and a few buttons and called it done.  Not only do I feel better, but I really liked how this turned out.

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

The layout does look lovely, and the journalling is from your heart.. I hope things get better for you all soon...