Saturday, May 18, 2013

I Love The Cutting Cafe Card Toppers!

If you are looking for something quick and easy to pull together then the Every Day Shaped Window  Card Tops Regina had introduced at The Cutting Café a few weeks ago is the perfect solution.  There is so much you can do with these gems.  I really like the concept of using negative space in my designs. I have another example of this concept in my March Post where I used speech bubbles.



I decided to try the Circle Topper.  Without having a specific event to create a card, I opted for a Just Because theme and thought the circles could be used for many things in design.  I decided to back the holes with washi tape and put the Animal and Bugs Stamp set, also found at The Cutting Café,  using the Bee design.  I liked the contrast of the pastels with black so the topper was cut using black card stock.  I placed the topper on a plain white A2 card for the files come in that size.  I imported the stamp set into my Silhouette and placed cut circles around each one. Now I have an inventory of sentiments and colored stamps ready to go for those quickie card needs.  I took the bee and popped it up on a pop dot.  I wrapped the ribbon around the card prior to gluing it on the blank card.  Now I have something cute to mail my daughter that she can put on her refrigerator.  I love how she does that with my cards. 

Hugs to all...and have a great week!

No comments: