Friday, May 31, 2013

SOU Sletches Die Cut Challenge: Birds Dressed for Spring

SOU Sketches has a fun challenge this week for die cuts.  The theme is birds.  I work in a cubicle and love dressing up my little spot in life.  I made these birds to set among the shelving I have to celebrate spring. I haven't come up with my Summer idea yet.  I got this idea from Kristin who posted these birds on the Cricut Blog when it was active.  These are really fun to make and dress up.



I used my Silhouette SD to die cut the three birds. I cut two of each using the mirror right function for each second bird.  I stitched them together and then stuffed them with fiberfill. Like Kristin, I used paper clips for the legs to keep the office theme. I hot glued the legs into the bird as they were only poked through the stitching. That gave me control of their height.  The other adornments were hot glued too, as I see lots of folks picking them up to look at them.  I made the bird house with the Silhouette also.  I wasn't sure what to use for the post and opted for an old spool of thread. It was shimmery and had the base built in to give it stand up ability.

Head on over to SOU Sketches to see the details on the challenge and post your birdy projects too. We would love to see what you come  up with.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

What a fun way to dress up your workspace. Just seeing these darling birds should make you smile

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love how you think outside the box! Fabulous and then some!

Fern said...

Holly this is soo cute!!! Hugs!!

Tracey said...

Wow...you are so creative, love your pretty birds, what a great idea!!