Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cutting Cafe Inspiration: Fall

I LOVE Fall.  The smells, the trees, the festivals, the foods all bring me back to life after our hot Southern Summers.  This week, I chose my love of the season to create a card for my refrigerator to remind me that cooler weather is near.   The Cutting Café has an Acorn Shaped Card cut file that I used to create the card.

 



I printed the papers from the Cinnamon Project Life  Collection that I got at AC Digitals.  I used the Martha Stewart Leaf Punch to make the leaves that went into the inner circle and used a pop dot to adhere them so they would stand out.  I also pop dotted the ribbon beneath them. I wanted to make it a little more homey, so I tucked lace under the cap.   I used part of one of the sentiments that came with the design for the word Fall and just hand cut the banner.  It has been so long since I hand cut anything I had to laugh.  If I had to take a kindergarten test of using scissors I probably would not pass I am so out of practice...lol.

Regina has a lot of files to celebrate the upcoming season and holidays.  Head over to the Café and see what can inspire you.

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

what a fantastic shaped card....i love all the different elements on this card...hugs

Julie Odil said...

That lace really drew me in. Beautiful card.