Saturday, November 3, 2012

Here and Now

I made this for two challenges.  The first being the Prima Contest being held this weekend.   The other is the Glitter Girl Challenge where I was to use ribbon on my layout.  This photo was actually  one taken on Halloween, but I wanted to emphasize the mother and son aspect of it in my coloring so I went with softer tones.  In retrospect, the pic should have been in black and white for it to be more appealing.  My lesson learned on this one was not to be afraid to go with a black and white photo if the colors in the layout do not match the picture....


 


I used Glimmer Mist to create the background paper.  The honeycomb pattern was cut using a silhouette pattern to make the stencil.  The other stencil is from Prima.   I used an old paper from the Cottage Chic Collection to make the banner strips.  I cut the frame from my Silhouette. It was supposed to be a black chalkboard frame, but my printer gave me gray.  I called it kismet and went with it.  I embossed the two clock stamps from an older Making Memories stamp set and used black opal embossing powder...it has glitter in it....ergo the opal.  The die cuts came from some sizzix cuts and from Echo Park elements in This and That Charming found at Jessica Sprague.com.   The flowers are from Prima and I centered them with clear bling but colored the bling with a copic pen to match the blues.   The gromets are from Tim Holtz.

No comments: