Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gift Grin

This is our, normally very serious, grandson's response to our question of whether he was ready for his brother to open his birthday gifts.  It was really refreshing to see a two year old happy for another who was about to get toys, when he wasn't.  His grin was priceless to us.  They share very well, so I think he knew that whatever his brother was to get, he would be able to play with too.


I wanted to use a big gift on this layout emphasizing the size of his grin.  The story tab is placed to emphasize the journaling that is to be placed in the bow. (The journaling is not there yet.  His mother doesn't want his name posted anywhere on the web and the journaling will have his name.)

I used the Cricut Imagine to create the papers using the Hop Scotch patterned paper.  The gift was cut from Slumber Party.  The title was cut from Cricut Craft Room Basics using solid colors from the Hop Scotch Patterns cartridge.  The mats were cut using Cricut Craft Room Basics and Hop Scotch as well.  I covered brads using my i-Top tool using the scrap papers I had left over from the die cuts and I placed them with the flag and word stickers, from Teresa Collins Fabrications collection, in various spots and colors to create my visual triangles.  It is rare that I limit my page to two big items like this, but that grin was really big.
 

No comments: