Monday, November 26, 2012

Gift Bags

It is time to get my ho ho ho on and start wrapping gifts and making them special with some home made embellishments.  These two bags are my start.  I use traditional and non-traditional colors in my holiday wrapping.  We live in a log cabin which is very dark inside.  I decorate in red, white, hunter green and burgundy and then use all sorts of colors for the gifts to make our tree really pop.  Being eclectic by nature, I just love how it all looks when pulled together with the room.


 
I bought some cheap bags at Dollar General (2/$1.00) and decorated them.  This is a favorite gift wrapping tactic that I often use.  I took a basic sketch and applied it two ways.  On the red bag the design was an embellishment on the bag on the green bag the design was used on the bag itself.   
For the red bag embellishment, I made the borders from a Martha Stewart Punch. The die cuts of the snowman and the snowflake were from Gypsy Wanderings.  The red wood look tag was cut from the Forever Young Cartridge using the pattern from Greetings Inside and Out  . The matting was cut using paper from the Teresa Collins Fabrications collection. I sprayed white seam binding in Frost from Tattered Angels to dye the ribbon.
 
 On the green bag, I used the same punch on the tag, but raised it up behind the tag more, to give it a different look but similar shape as the border on the bag.  I used images from Santa's Village to make the die cuts The red wooden look tag pattern came from Greetings Inside and Out.  I scattered 20 mini snowflakes punched from an old EK Success punch I bought years ago.  I put them on the bag and the tag to pull the design together better.   Both bags took about 20 minutes to do, so if you decorate your gifts, you will find this overall layout to be very versatile and fast.  Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments: