Sunday, April 13, 2014

Quiet Moments

I loved the graphic design work taught on the Studio Calico blog this week and decided to try my hand at what they had done.  I was going to post the link, but it is gone. SC is a site that you better grab it when you see it. Things go in and out fast there, which, I guess is why I like it so much.  I am hooked.  Made this layout of my sweet pup, Roscoe.
I made the paper using a digital stamp on the SC site.  I then stitched the word, moments and used cork letters for the word Quiet, to give the color scheme more balance between the dark blue and other brighter colors.  I cut the corner with my cricut and clustered a few things on the blue tag which matched the thread I used for the stitching  to give the page some more movement.  I stamped the border around the page to make it look more like a frame.  I randomly placed bits of washi tape in pink and borded the sides in yellow to pull from the colors on the top and bottom of the background, again to get that eye moving over the page.I typed the sentiment on the left on my computer and printed it when I printed the background.. My Roscoe...such a sweet boy,.

No comments: