Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Joy Peace Love: Stuck on U Sketches PL Challenge

I hope you all faired well through the holiday season.  A happy new year to you all.  Today's post is from the Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge.  We are to use three journaling strips.

There are so many pictures and stories to tell over the holiday's. I wanted to sum up three major events that happened on my Project Life this week and decided to make them there own page.  First, and sadly, my older brother's Mother in Law passed away.  I knew her since I was a child.  Second, I got to finally go and see the Nutcracker ballet this year.  This is something I wanted to do for years at Christmas.  My niece Amanda took me as my gift. Great gift, huh?  I was thrilled.  Third, my daughter surprised me. She called to tell me she was coming down during the holiday.   We had not made plans to get together this year so it was a dream come true thing for me. 
Digital Project Life. com had free Christmas PL cards on their site,. I decided to use those for this project, for they were pretty plain with traditional colors.  I think all three events spoke to tradition in varying degrees.  The tabs on the bottom introduced the humor of my daughter doing crafts with me.  We made her friends gifts for to take home to them.  I loved showing the messy table, her totally exhausted from what was new activity to her, and the show my Mother would have had us watching had she been here with us, The Golden Girls.  The jewels are from Amy Tangerine's first digital line
 

No comments: