Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cutting Cafe Inspiration: Halloween Pillow Box

Hi all!

This week's inspiration at The Cutting Café was to make a Halloween pillow box.  Regina has a lot of designs to choose from so it was really tough to select just one.  We have had a lot of fuzzy black spiders (Husband swears they are not black widows) in our house this year and I have been chasing cobwebs for weeks now.  So the Spider Pillow Box really seemed like a good fit for this Halloween.



I used the Echo Park Apothecary paper set for the box and frame around the spider.  Yes, the files even come with the frames around the image!  I know ribbon loving Regina may be cringing a little, but I made a paper bow for the top out of a Silhouette die cut.  I figured this will go into my grandson's Halloween Bag with a lot of candy and once seen, details will be forgotten on such a big night. Why waste precious ribbon.  The star is actually a charm die cut also cut on my silhouette dazzled with a little glitter and a white shadowing to give it more emphasis. 

If you like decorating your Halloween treats or making Halloween cards, you really should visit the café.  The selection is plentiful and adorable. The hardest part about them is selecting which one..giggle.  Happy Halloween everyone.

2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

holly love this box....love love love...especially that spider on the dotted paper and that ribbon lol.....hugs

Julie Odil said...

Great paper choices! I love how this turned out!