Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lola Love

I found this picture of my handsome nephew on Facebook. Apparently Lola is a friend of the family. I can tell she just loves Eric.


I wanted to keep the design simple and masculine but highlight Lola, for she doesn't show up well in the photo. I used the Best Friends cartridge for the patterned papers and the dog pattern as the main paper, again to highlight Lola.  The dramatic borders anchored the design and are from the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge. The title was cut from Botanicals, and then stickled with Frosted Lace.  The button and stars were punched using the Martha Stewart Button punch and the EK Success small Star punch.  I used Bazzill InStitches floss to thread through the button to give the page a little texture outside of the border.  The ribbon is from American Crafts.

No comments: