Monday, August 25, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge Reveal: Twine

Hi all!

Hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of Summer.  This week Stuck on U Sketches has a challenge for us Project Lifers.  We are to use Twine in our layouts.  I love using twine, string, yarn, anything that is thin, easily manipulated and serves a purpose is a great addition to any project life page.


I decided to use a bow for my ice cream bar.  It just gave it that decorated look.  I also edged the bar in stickles to give it a little more of an icy look.  Twine and Washi makes a great banner that is really quick to make. I also photographed my husband and I waiting for the AC in my car to be fixed. I went two weeks without it and decided I was melting.  You can see the pic of me and my flat hair to prove it was true. That was after driving to the shop after work.  It gets hot here in Carolina.  It was a priority that my dh fixed.  It was also our anniversary this week, and though no photos were taken, I did write a small journalling tag and tucked it behind a decorative tag.  I also used twine to hold the larger tag in place. I just mini stapled in on each end. Easy Peasy!!! The decorative tag can be removed to read the journal tag that was pasted below to keep it's layered place. I also commemorated some bucket list sewing projects I accomplished lately,( ergo no posts in a while). I made an embroidered peasant blouse.  It has ivory stitching on a peachy pink.  (My colors)  I also tackled making my own custom fitted bra.  I am going to make a ton of them.  It is like wearing pajamas.  Had to take a photo of my first for I was really proud that I could do it. It looks great on...something I never expected.

Head over to the SOU blog and see what the other lifers are doing with their twine.  Grab an old mop and see all you can do on your projects too.  Enjoy!

No comments: