Sunday, September 16, 2012

Feel Good Day

Every now and again, we all have those days where we ignore what we need to be doing for us and do for others.   I call those feel  good days.  Our church went to a local orphanage to do landscaping work and we had a great time.  I am still catching up on my cleaning at home, but it was worth it.



I wanted to use and L shape design for this single photo.  I fussy cut the black border and used the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page punch in scalloped circle to  showcase the handmade roses made using the Artiste cartrdige by Cricut.  I added lace to the top and bottom of the border (now fixed).   I cut a shaped label to place under the lace flower and rose on the bottom left, inking its edges in Spun Sugar distress ink by Tim Holtz.  The page still needed something so I added a yard border at the top and placed another rose to the far left to bring out the pink.  The title appeared to be floating above the picture so I tied it together with a washi tape border by Recollections that I got at Michaels.

No comments: