Friday, September 21, 2012

Dream Big

This is a pic of our Grandson sleeping in the backstreet of his mother's car. What child doesn't look sweet when sleeping. 


I made this using the Imagine.  I used Cricut Craft Room Basics, Art Philosophy, Black and White, Vintage Damask and Vintage Papers to make the papers.  I distressed the edges and the papers that had white tones to soften the overall look and to keep the brown tones of the hat intact throughout the layout.  I cut out the flower sprays and bird cage from Lori's Garden and then sprayed them with home made glimmer mist I made using metallic sand paint and water.  It softened the look and made the pink flowers more peach.  I enlarged the typewriter key buttons on the medallion so I could focus on one key, and cut the ribbons from Art Philosophy.  I cut out the frame from the More Cards cartridge and again, distress inked it to soften the overall tones.  I cut a little burlap to put behind the picture matting of white and brown.  I tried to avoid using the lace since this was a boys layout, but it really tied the lower border together with the flowers and bird cage.   I think this will go in my favorites category.  I am quite pleased with the results.   
 

No comments: