Sunday, August 19, 2012

Perfect Imperfection

My husband owns a grading company and his clothes get dirty and torn each day at work.  He is not the best dressed man I have ever met, but he definitely knows what is really important in life. If you look under the dirt you will find the best man I know.  I really will love this man forever.  Yesterday, we celebrated our 5th Anniversary.  I thought it was a good day to make a scrap of just him.


The challenge I set for myself was to embellish a 12 x 12 page without flowers.  I did use butterflies because of the theme of the journaling. He look like a caterpillar but is really a butterfly.  I have been watching the Glitter Girl Videos on Two Peas in a Bucket and have learned a lot from her in terms of design,.  This was my first attempt at her style. I am happy with it.  She uses a lot of stickers, a mixture of alphas and other expensive products. I found most can be made with a computer, household items, the tools I have and my Silhouette or Cricut.  Ths layout was made using leftover Cricut Embellies and I created the title with my silhouette.  I had the butterfly stickers in my stach from 5 years ago.  The papers I used were from Bo Bunny (Garden) Scraps of Basic Grey and My Minds Eye.  Glitter Girl also teaches you how to make your own kits from different brands.  Her rel name is Amy Heller.  This woman rocks!




No comments: