Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Honey Bunch Byrd

We just adopted an 8 year old Bichon Flise from our Preacher's wife.  Her official name on her papers is Honey Bunch Byrd.  Honey has always lived outdoors in a pen and was showing all signs of wanting to be an indoor dog.  She is doing great with her training and is even helping me with our other dog Roscoe who has been having issues with going outdoors. They are great friends and Honey seems to be a lot happier now then when have her and cuddle with her.  My husband is warming up to her, but so far, I am the only one saying..."I just love my Honey Bunch."



I used Better Together as the paper for this layout, for it sort of tells the story for all of us.  The tab came from Making Memories and the lace I got from Deb's Lace and Trims.  The embellished circle was an extra I had made from another layout using Accent Essentials some time ago.  The flower came from Artiste.  The border on the bottom was cut from Paper Trimmings. I need something in that bright pink for the bottom left corner, but am waiting for inspiration to decide what it is.  A heart just seemed too redundant.  To give the page action, for Honey is still a very active dog, I had her coming out of the frame...so she would not be so penned up, again going with the theme of the journaling. 

No comments: