Monday, June 2, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge Reveal: Yellow!

My DD recently graduated from College. When Stuck on U Sketches offered up the challenge of using yellow on your PL spread I decided to go with the graduation as the theme. Yellow is a happy color and this was such a happy event.

Also, her school colors (VCU) are black and gold.   This school is also the one I went to.  I was thrilled to welcome her to the alumni!  It was such a happy day. I can't imagine her wedding day being any better.  We got our toes and nails done, our brows waxed and then went home and primped for the event.  After working and going to school for 10 years this indeed was a Very Big Deal!

 I am so proud of my not such a baby anymore girl!
I love using color. Since yellow is such a happy color and the event was so happy I decided to incorporate it on every card to emote the event. / The pics told the story so well that I decided to keep the journaling to a minimum to let them tell the story.  I am making a mini album of the event  where the journaling will reside anyway.  I used a combination of cards from AC Digital's Becky Higgins Midnight collection and Cards from Studio Calico.  I die cut the heart frame and the file also came from SC.  I made the flower using Tim Holtz Tissue tape which will stick but not lay flat like regular washi tapes do and through an old button in the middle. The small tag was also from Studio Calico.

Head on over to the Stuck on U Sketches blog and look at the other Happy Projects the team have made.  It will surely brighten your day!

No comments: