Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chit Chat

I came across this pic of my dd and her friends on facebook this morning. I really liked the pic, and knew I was going to scrap it.  Then while surfing online I ran across a tutorial on Blending in Photoshop Elements.  I was always so afraid of that tool, for it just turned my pics to a gray and white box.  Well I learned you simply have to select New Layer Mask (the button beside the New Layer button, keeping the masking layer highlighted, then use the tool on that layer. Magically, the two layers blend together  I tried my hand at it with the pic I found this morning.  Cool stuff!

Here is a link to the tutorial on Lilypad

The object is to blend your picture into your background.  If you look closely you will see the yellow grid background peeking though the photo It actually was white brick.  This definitely softened up the photo.  I then added embellishments at 60% opacity to keep the hazy look going.  This is a handy little thing to know.

No comments: