Monday, May 19, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge Reveal:Stripes

This week's Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge is to use stripes on your digital life page. Every brand out there offers papers with stripes and they certainly add drama to a project.  It is surprising we don't use more of them than we do.   I looked through my inspiration points on the web and found lots of florals, lots of geometric shapes and iconic symbols, but very few stripes. I think they can really add pop if used in small doses.  That is why I chose to use one on my Easter spread.  I wanted to tell a lot of story on one page.  Each pocket had to mean something in each story.  From the amount of time I prepped for the event, to a phrase that seems to capture me at this time, to our hilarious adult Easter Hunt with water guns, where everyone made up their own rules, I had to stray from the normal fluid theme, yet keep the page together, so....Everything was different, but I used pink or blue on everything.
I incorporated painting into this projecet to counter the pop of the stripes.  I highlighted the crown on the stripes to emphasize our Lord and the true meaning of Easter. I also saved a little of the grass from my grandsons Easter baskets. Sort of mini versions of the palm branches.  I made all of the table decor and even the toys in the boys baskets so I wanted to emphasize that on the page. The Happiness is Homemade from my Studio Calico project life kit last month was perfect!  I also wrapped up my stitching class that week and stitched around the wooden tag.  I stamped and painted it as well.

Head on over to Stuck on U Sketches and grab some inspiration.  The blog is full of ideas and creative sparks for you too.  If you have been thinking about becoming a designer on a blog, then let us know.

Don't forget about our great sponsor this month...


Play in our Project Life challenge or any other to be entered
in to win a $15 credit to their awesome shop!


No comments: