Monday, January 27, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge Reveal: Embossing

Hello all! I hope you are ready for a fun week.  Stuck on U Sketches has a Project Life Challenge to help the fun get started for you.  We are to use embossing somewhere on the Project Life page. 

WET EMBOSSING:

I decided to use an old Tim Holtz Stamp and Navy Blue Embossing Powder by Zing to make the card on the lower left.  It looks great up close.  The Zing powder has a glossy look to it that really makes the design pop.  I used the die cut next to my green sick picture from a Studio Calico cut file.  For Roscoe's picture (my dog) I made corners to cover the distractions behind him in the photo.  He really should be showcased well.  He is small and can easily be missed in photos. The white camera die cut was also from a Studio Calico cut file. I bordered it with paper and added Tim Holtz Tissue Tape on top of the paper. I like the look for it is more transparent, but it is not as easy to work with as washi.  Tim finally has started using the tablet I gave him for Christmas, so I wanted to capture him chilling in his chair using it.  Since I haven't been feeling well, we have all stayed around the house this week and it has been great.  I made the Week 4 title page out of various bling and die cuts and placed it where this week's photo's started.  This was my wet embossing page.

DRY EMBOSSING:

To showcase another method, I made a stab at dry embossing to emphasize the type of brush my husband and I will ride through to help you understand better how a Kawasaki  "Mule" can be romantic.  When were were dating we road his John Deer Gator all over our property and my favorite spot was on top of his mountain.  We could see for counties.  The drive back to the cabin was always full of tall grass and grass hoppers.  I used the Cuttlebug Bird in the Grass embossing folder to relay the tall grass and placed it on my row showing our new Love Machine.   His Gator had issues and we have not ridden for years.  Now I can't wait until spring, even if I have to help him mend fences.  P.S.  I also got to use my sweater card early.  We had 7 degree weather one morning. It only went to 18 that day.  We didn't have snow, but that is definitely heavy sweater weather.  I grabbed a caption of the temperature on my car dashboard.
I used the Cuttlebug Bird in the Grass embossing folder to relay the tall grass and placed it on my row showing our new Love Machine.   His Gator had issues and we have not ridden for years.  Now I can't wait until spring, even if I have to help him mend fences. 
 
I also got to use my sweater card early.  We had 7 degree weather one morning. It only went to 18 that day.  We didn't have snow, but that is definitely heavy sweater weather.  I grabbed a caption of the temperature on my car dashboard.
 
My daughter sent me a tablet as a surprise after Christmas gift.  I was stunned.  I had to grab a photo of the package, because I mailed it right back to her. She spent enough on me for Christmas and my husband got me one for Christmas. She didn't know I took back the clothes he bought me, becasue they were too small, and traded it for a tablet.  She knew I wanted one, and wanted to be sure I got it. Is she wonderful or what?  I also took a picture of an online order for an e-book that I bought.  She gave me an Amazon gift certificate  in my stocking.  I appreciate her gifts so much.  She is probably the only person on earth that knows exactly what to get me for gifts. I love each one.
 
Check out what the other designers came up for the embossing challenge at the Stuck on U Sketches to see how you can use what you have to make amazing PL pages too.

No comments: