Friday, October 4, 2013

Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge: Magic

This week's challenge at Stuck on U Sketches was to create something with the theme of Magic. I made  a Halloween card.for my DH. For our love to last this long, like it has, is magic to me.  I still get excited when his car comes up the driveway.
I printed the papers from Apocothary by Echo Park. I picked the set up last year at Jessica Sprague.com.  I shrunk them down, from their 12 x 12 size, in Photoshop so they would be card sized.  I used a Silhouette cut file to make the jars of ghoul things and glossed them with Glossy Accents.  It didn't help the photo,  but they look great on the card.  I dusted the title area with glitter which also doesn't show well in picture. The frog is a Silhouette design. I just used more Halloween colors than the pink and green their design showed.  The swirl flourish was in my scrap bin. It was part of Cricut frame that had gone bad on another project.  I knew I could use it  I also printed and cut the shelf using the Silhouette wood pattern and glossed that up as well to ground those shiny jars.  No sense for a witch to have a dusty house. She can do magic! ;)
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool project Holly!
I bet this is one that just looks
so much better in person, certain
details always a pain to photograph!
=)
Hugs!!!!

Brenda said...

I love your card Holly! What a cute and magical card for your hubby!! I still get excited when my hubby pulls in the driveway too, or when riding with him on the combine, etc...I guess we both have true love. So I really love your take on this challenge! Hugs!

Daily Scrapper said...

adorable. We love frogs around here :)