Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Calls for Cake and Candles

My niece went to Ohio to surprise my brother and nephew for their Birthdays.  Ruby, her dog is really fitting in with the family. I just loved the photo of her waiting for my brother to come home so the party could begin.
I made this using a combination of stamps and cut files.  The stamps are from Studio Calico and the papers are too.  I am finding stamping backgrounds on paper and then cutting shapes from them can be quite handy when you are trying to unify a page.  SC has matching inks to their papers which make it really easy to pull designs together.  I also used the sewing template for the Love This card from the class kit I got with the Stitching class that Studio Calico will be having in April.  Sewing really adds interest and texture to a page and incorporates colors in a non-invasive way.  The butterfly was made using a Silhouette cut file where I had put digital images of flowers on the wings and  removed the cut function, so they would just be printed on the wings. I then coated the entire bug in white glitter.  It is really pretty up close. This one was really fun to put together!

No comments: