Monday, March 10, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Project Life Challenge" I Love This City

This week, Stuck on U Sketches has a challenge where we are to use neon on our project life page.  I really am not a fan of neon, but got the same effect by using VERY bright colors on black.  I took a tour of a town that is only 10 minutes from me today and found things I never knew were  there. I focused my photos on the downtown district and the pretty and fun things I found.  There was a train track behind the shops on Main Street, a yarn shop where I can take knitting classes (oh boy!),. and a lot of antique and primitive décor shops which are perfect for a our log cabin.  It was a quite a find for something I passed at least once a week.  I will go back often I think.
I used the cut files I got when signing up for classes at Studio Calico, Life Scripted (January's Class)and Stitched.(April's class). I also used their Process Files die cuts to make the tabs for the photos on the left.  This was a fun project because I knew what I wanted to scrap before I left, and which vertical and horizontal shots I needed.  There is a lot to be said for Project Life Planning.  I have taken a lot of pictures in  a week and the ones I wanted to use, did not always fit the pocket pages, so I had to crop more than I wanted. Lesson learned.

Head over to the Stuck on U Skecthes Blog to see what the other designers have come up with for this challenge.  It will surely brighten your day!

No comments: