Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cutting Cafe: Girls

Hello All.  I hope you had a great week.  This week's project at the Cutting Café was the theme of Girls.  I used the All About Girls Stamp Set.  When I saw the "Its a Girl Thing" I knew what I wanted to do.  I needed a new project sketch book for my old one was used up. This is my new one.  I made a Christmas book like this years ago that has a section for all that one has to do at that time of year.  I found it useful to put some order to the tasks and decided to make one for my fun time too.  I left off the ribbon on the binding intentionally to make sure the full book opens all of the way.  But, I don't know....it really would be cute.


 
I printed off Maggie Holmes Papers that I picked up at AC Digital.  I printed two of the first page in different sizes, raising the small one on the large with pop dots.  It gave it a little more character without too much dimension.  I made three sections. One is for Scrapping, one for Sewing and the last is for Quilting.  Between the folders are blank pages for me to run my sketch ideas.  I put my current quilting project fabric sampler in the first folder so you would get a better idea of what to do with something like this.  I imported the stamp that was already colored in on to the paper prior to my printing it.  I raised it up using Photoshop with the backdrop shadow feature.  I cut the dress and hat out with my Scissors.  Haven't used those in months for that sort of thing.  The flourish came from my Silhouette.
   

5 comments:

Regina Easter said...

holly what an awesome book, this is so fun any girl would love it....hugs

Leslie said...

I love your book, it is so so cute!

bumblebee creations said...

this is so much fun--gorgeous!

Jeri said...

This is fabulous, Holly, and such an awesome idea! A great way to think out and store all your creative ideas.

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

Hey Miss Holly!
Just popping in and say hello
and check out the posts...
Such cute projects and love seeing
you design with Miss Regina's
goodies! =)

Happy Summer!