Friday, July 12, 2013

Stuck on U Die Cut Challenge: Flourish

I was really exicted when I saw this challenge. Flourish is the perfect element to add something to a page.  It can offer sophistication or whimsy as it does on this layout.  This photo of my friend and her daughter was on facebook. I knew I had to scrap it when I saw it. They were offering kisses to the camera.    It was just too cute and girly.  I will use every opportunity I can to use pink papers. 


I first doctored the photo using the Bold Tea action in Photoshop Elements. I got that at Two Peas in a Bucket.  I sewed and turned up the frame around the photo using the technique of Wilna at Two Peas.  (Love that website).  I got the paper at Michaels in a recollections paper pad.  I later learned that it is the same designs that are in Amy Tangerine's Sketch collection.  Who knew?!!  The blue flower added a complete contrast as it is none of the other paper or elements, but is in the shirt my girlfriends is wearing.  It is the pop element I added to the page to give it more interest.  The flourshes were cut from Silhouette designs. I left some of the cut out pieces in to provide more of a base for the gems.  The bling crown was from a bling page I bought at CKC in Charlotte a few years ago.  I love how you can use them whole or take them out individually which I have done when in a pinch for crystal bling before.   The camera was printed and handcut using Amy Tangerine's elements found at AC Digitals.  I have learned how to import those into Silhouette so I no longer will have to hand cut them.  I tucked a doily behind the matting to give the page a little more dimension and to make it more girly.  The tag was made using Memory Makers Tag Maker and more of the patterned paper.  I love those metal rims and have forgotten to use them.  It is good to go through your stash every now and then.

2 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

Such a cute layout. Gotta say totally loving the pic you used.

Brenda said...

What a fabulous layout Holly! I love your flourishes as well as your color combo! Your flowers are so beautiful and look so fab on the layout! Hugs!