Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's Inspiration Time at the Cutting Cafe: This week....Butterflies.

This week's inspiration theme at The Cutting Café was to use one of Regina's Butterfly sets.  I had a hard time with that one, let me tell you because I love ALL of her butterfly designs.  I decided to go with the latest which was the Butterfly Treat Box.  I often have little trinket gifts waiting for company when they come to stay with me and I thought this would look cute on the vanity with the little gift inside.   I left off the handle, but it also makes an adorable basket.

 
I printed the paper using JodiLee's Vintage prints that I got at the Jessica Sprague.com website. I picked up all of them for a $1 on one of her One Buck Wednesday deals  I then cut the SVG file using my Silhouette SD.  I inked the endges with Mahogany and Marmalade distress inks by Tim Holtz.  The overall box is about 3.5" square and now that I look at the picture I can see the butterfly wings offer lots of real estate for bling, sentiments, stamping and the like. Regina, you are genius.  I will probably make  a tag for my next guest but will wait until I see who comes next before making it. I have a lot of personalities in my life.  I punched up all the wings with pop dots, and then glued the body on top of the smaller wing.    The flowers were punched out of pink cardstock scraps and scattered across the body with a little bit of bling in the middle for a small glitzy touch.  I used the smaller Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch.  That was a good investment. I really use it a lot.  Head over the  Café to see all of the other girls' designs.  I am sure this one won't disappoint anyone given these are all great designs.

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is simply gorgeous girl...hugs

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your treat box came out adorable. I like the little polka dots you added and the way your wings flutter.

Leslie said...

Very lovely card!