Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cutting Cafe Files: Welcome Home

Hello to all!  The Cutting Café has a house shaped card for you to use that can be used for party invites, moving announcements, and housewarming cards.  I love the versatility of this set.  I can even see it being used for Christmas cards.  My niece is moving here soon, so I thought I would make this for her on moving day. 

The card comes in a size that is made for the Cricut or Cameo. You need the full 12 inches to make the folding card.  I got creative and added the top to the roof where the card folds, using my knife tool in the Designer Edition of the Silhouette Studio software.  I used the cut for a stand up card instead.  I used the Cafe's There is no place like home background print and put it on a blue background.  I cut the flowers using the Martha Stewart Hydrangea Punch. I edged the Housework sentiment with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink and glued it on a scrap left over from the card  cut.  The house was made using the Lucky Charm Digital Paper that I added to my Patterns in the Silhouette Studio.  I embossed each of the boards so they would stand out more. I also embossed the roof with simple straight lines in scattered rows.  I used the knife tool to create the edging on the roof to go over the scalloped strip that comes with the set to give the house more of a gingerbread look and feel. I used the white brick pattern that comes with the Silhouette software to make the chimney.
 

5 comments:

Regina Easter said...

holly what a sweet card....so darn cute....hugs

oscaralley said...

Love the little details. And the doormat is so cute!

Jeri said...

Wow, awesome card. I love all the details.

Rose said...

love the weathered look!!! fab card :)

Passaic Furniture Removal said...

Thanks foor writing this