Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas with Sarah: A SCRAPLIFT

Had a great time taking pictures with my daughter over the holidays.  I totally lifted this layout using the Two Peas Garden Girl  Jen Gallegher's layout she created in her Memory Keeping Monday video.  If you need inspiration, Two Peas video tab is a great place to go to.  I have really learned a lot about layering and how it can really add dimension and therefore pop and unity to a layout.


Most of the Embellishments and paper in this layout were made using my Silhouette.  I wanted to use the same elements and sure enough, I found all of them there. Even the bingo card.  I used the Glitz Design and other paper patterns they have available on their site.  Even the kraft envelope came from their die cut and pattern. The heart was cut using a Martha Stewart punch.  I hand cut the banner where the title was typed.  There are ways to type after you die cut the shape but I find it easier to simply hand cut it after it is in print if the shape is simple enough.  The border punch on the left was made using the Fiskars Lace punch.  The twine around the tag at the top was made using twine we had left over from our garden this year.  This was a fun layout to do because I knew what I was looking for at Silhouette and I put enough twists on the overall design to make it my own.
 

No comments: