Sunday, October 28, 2012

Shatley Springs

The birthday of my brother in law and myself are two days apart.  Our family always celebrates them together.  We typically go out to dinner for everyones birthday throughout the year, but this year we went to Shatley Springs, (A mountain retreat) for breakfast.  They are well known for having great food.  The view was wonderful, they had shops selling handmade goods and scenery that was just wonderful.   I could tell, that this year the selection of places was for me this year.  It was wonderful. 

 
I used a lot of Cricut and Silhouette cuts to make this layout.  I ventured into clustering to embellish the page, as well as mixed letter titling.   Clustering is the stacking of individual embellies to create one big one.  I really like this technique for I think it creates unity on the page when you overlap the cle uster on the picture.  I corner punched the mat using an EK Success corner punch to tuck the picture into the mat.  The papers were from Basic Grey, My Minds Eye, and Apocothary by Echo Park printed from the collection found at Jessica Sprague's site.  This picture had a lot of color which allowed me to use vibrant colors in the layout, which is not often the case for me.
 

1 comment:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Your page is gorgeous! The color is singing!