Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Centerpiece

I made this for my church's Annual Easter Egg Hunt Party. It will reside on the food table.  I would have entered it into the Circle's weekly challenge, but I didn't want to put ric rack on it.

I first embroidered the cross using a file from www.EmbroideryLibrary.com.  I placed fabric on the back of the hoop prior to the outline stitch running so I would have a place to secure the dowel as well as cover up the back.    I then cut the bottom square box from the Sweet Treats Boxes project cartridge from Provocraft.  The title was cut on the box as well as a little circle on the bottom of the box (now the top) so the dowel could go through.  The flowers were made using Art philosophy.  I stuck the dowel in some styrofoam I had laying around the house and placed a tea light on top of it so the box would light up. 

3 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

A lovely and beautiful centerpiece - the combination of embroidery and paper is lovely. How creative! Wonderful idea to include the tea light.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

It is so interesting to me that you embroidered it! I love that! Beautiful project!

scrapaholicjen said...

Your centerpiece is lovely and a perfect Easter decoration! Good luck with the challenge!