Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cricut Circle ABC / 123 Challenge

The Cricut Circle has a challenge where we are to use 1, 2 and 3 of different items adding a pop of bright color.  . I chose one photo, two brads and three patterned papers to embellish the page.  My color pop was the frame.  The contrast with teh other softer elements really brings your attention to the cute photo.



I chose a new favorite of mine, Basic Grey's Out of Print. That paper is so versatile, I will probably be buying the whole pack. I can see myself using these papers in all sorts of ways.  I used Opposites Attract for the Title, "Hugs" and Bloom for the title mat.  The brads are by Basic Grey and the cut flowers behind the brads were from a Martha Stewart punch.  The rest was just fussy cut paper.  If you don't fussy cut you will find it a cheap way to really pop a page.  The medallion was made using a new Sizzix jewelry die. I painted it with Viva's Inka Gold. It is like Perfect Pearls or Shimmerz but when it dries your paper becomes waterproof and feels a bit like thin plastic.  I topped the flower off with microbeads.  A very fast and easy to make elegant addition to any page.  I was making jewelry with these dies and paint, and was using thick chipboard so I did not use my cricut to die cut it, but once I saw how the paint dried I could have used plain old cardstock in my cricky and saved myself $12 for the die.  I decided I could just make another and used it on the page. It was just too perfect for the design. 

1 comment:

RockinRenee said...

Popgun. I love the patterned papers and the frame. Good luck in the contest!