Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cutting Cafe: Calendar

Hi all!  The Cutting Café has great files for gifting.   Besides bags, boxes, tags and even ribbons, Regina even has the gifts themselves, such as stationary, a birthday organizer, holiday planning books and this little gem, a desktop calendar printed from Regina's files and the base unit that Regina also offers.  I made this as a Christmas gift for a co-worker. 
I am getting a lot of use out of the Maggie Holmes, printable papers that I bought at AC Digital.com.  I used a dark pink solid background and printed 2 copies. I made two files of the SVG file Regina provides, mirroring each other so I could glue them back to back to make the stand more sturdy. I also made two of the bottom pieces and glued them to either side of chipboard I had cut as well, again to make it more sturdy.  I die cut the framed flower twice and used one as the whole unit, then another where I used the tools in Silhouette Design Studio to cut only the frame. I used pop dots to lift off of the original, which gave the unit more dimension.  To also add dimension, I added the pearls down the side. I punch flowers from another Maggie Holmes paper using Martha Stewart's Hydrangea punch (the small one) and her leaf punch as well.  I tied two lengths of lace to each ring.  I am pretty pleased with the results.  I sure hope my co-worker likes it too.



7 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Holly what a beautiful desk calendar, and those papers are so darn pretty....so glad your going to be designing with us again..

Julie Odil said...

What a great calendar. You are way ahead of the times! Way to go!

Sean Covert said...

Wow!! Soo beautiful!! Love the papers too!!! I love that you're already making Christmas gifts!!

Angie Coleman said...

This is really pretty! Your coworker will love it!

Leslie said...

Sooo cute!

Jeri said...

Oh, this is just fabulous. What a great idea.

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is a sweet gift and a pretty calendar.