Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Your Day

it is hard to believe that our youngest grandson turned one already.  I wanted this layout to be about our perspetive of his birthday, without the hats and balloons.



I first painted the page with Gesso. Which, by the way, makes the paper very strong I learned.  I then cut 1 flower background patterns using the Home Accents cartridge by Cricut. I used the larger first spraying it with Key Lime Green Glimmer Mist.  Then Carribean Blue after removing the stencil.  I dried it and did the process again for the colors spread where you could not see the pattern. As a last ditch effort I took the stencil and dabbed Jenni Bowlin's green paint over the stencil and that gave me the definition I was looking for. Since I had used so much glimmer mist on the stencil, I decided to use it as an accent to back the doily and Prima flowers.  The title and tags were cut using the George cartridge by Cricut.  The was made using Teresa Collin's Baby Boutique cartridge by Cricut, then sprayed with the Key Lime Glimmer Mist to make it pop.  I painted the title in Turquoise Glimmer Chalk.  The page is shimmery in person, which does not show us so well on the camera. It really turned out nice.

No comments: