Saturday, June 11, 2011

Big D

This is my Father in Law. His real name is Dallas, but everyone calls him Big D.  He loves antique cars, farm equipment, racing and his family.  He is a  real man's man.  But every now and then a soft little something comes out of him that makes him amazing, whether it is giving a job or money to someone down on his luck, knowing he will never be repaid,  or showing up at events just because you want him to be there.  In the old days he used to brew moonshine and ran it all over the state to keep his family going in what was then a depressed area.  The man never went to school past third grade yet he is worth millions.  He has more common sense than anyone I know, besides my husband.  He was the Best Man at our wedding.  Dallas is definitely Big D in mind and, always will be.  I really love and admire the man.  You just gotta' love "Big D".

I used the Teresa Collins Baby Boutique cartridge for the papers, intial, crown and for the journal tag.  I just used a shape that comes with the imagine.  I used Elegant Edges for the blue damask paper and Spring Holiday Cards for the frame.  The flower medallion, branches with flowers and Jalopy are Sizzix dies.  The bling is from Imaginesce's I-Rock Tool set.

No comments: